SUMMER CAPRESE TOAST
- 2 medium Green Zebra tomatoes (or fresh tomatoes of your choice), thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Dried Oregano
- Ezekiel bread, lightly toasted
- Fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh basil, roughly chopped, reserving some whole leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and place slices on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and a sprinkle of dried Oregano.
- Roast the tomatoes for 10-15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Toast the slices of Ezekiel bread until desired crispiness.
- Drizzle toasts with olive oil.
- Layer the mozzarella, whole basil leaves and tomatoes on top of the toast.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Garnish with chopped basil, if desired.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/summer-caprese-toast-recipe/