- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 pound of tomatillos (roughly 5-6), de-husked and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1 15-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, until just beginning to brown, 1 minute or so. Remove from the heat.
- Coarsely chop half the cucumber and half the avocado and place in a food processor.
- Add tomatillos, bell pepper, jalapeño and the garlic to a Vitamix or blender. Process until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in broth, sugar and salt.
- Dice the remaining cucumber and avocado and place in a medium bowl.
- Add shrimp and scallions. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil; gently toss to combine.
- Ladle the gazpacho into bowls and top each portion with about 3/4 cup of the shrimp salad.
Recipe by Regan Baroni at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/tomatillo-gazpacho-recipe/