TURKEY AND SPINACH TORTELLINI SOUP
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Half yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-2 boxes of vegetable broth (4-8 cups)
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 box tortellini
- Two tablespoons of basil, roughly chopped
- 1 bag Spinach (add as much or as little as you like)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Over medium heat, add onion to pot and sauté for 2-3 minutes until they soften.
- Add garlic and mix in with onion, about 1 minute (careful not to burn the garlic).
- Add turkey and mix until browned.
- Drain and add back to pot.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, 4 cups of broth and basil.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer on stove for about 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spinach to your liking - I add a lot and it wilts down quite a bit.
- Cook tortellini in a separate pot according to instructions. I keep them separate to avoid them absorbing too much of the broth.
- Fill bowls with tomato broth and add desired amounts of tortellini.
- Salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/turkey-spinach-tortellini-soup-recipe/