VEGETABLE CURRY RAMEN
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil for cooking
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 small sweet potato, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 2-3 baby bok choy, chopped in one inch strips, reserving the big green leaves
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 13-ounce can coconut milk
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Ramen noodles
- Cilantro, roughly chopped for garnish
- 1 red onion, diced
- Lime wedges, 1 per bowl
- Add oil to a pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, ginger and curry paste to the pot and stir and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the bok choy strips, diced sweet potato, diced zucchini and broth to the pot.
- Bring pot to a boil and then turn heat down to simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once the diced sweet potato is tender, add the coconut milk, brown sugar and fish sauce.
- Stir and adjust the flavors to taste.
- Add the leaves of the bok choy to the pot.
- Cook the ramen noodles in a separate pot according to instructions.
- Drain and set noodles aside.
- To serve, place noodles at the bottom of serving bowls and ladle soup over the top.
- Garnish with red onion, cilantro, lime wedges and Sriracha if desired.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/vegetable-curry-ramen-recipe/