- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 3 large zucchini, chopped
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Optional: Olive oil for garnish
- Optional: Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Optional: Voodoo Seasoning by Spice Merchants
- Sauté the olive oil, onion and garlic over medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the pepper and the ginger and continue to stir.
- Add the zucchini and the chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer until zucchini is softened, 45 minutes or so.
- Using a Vitamix or immersion blender, puree the zucchini until the soup is creamy and smooth.
- Garnish with pepper, olive oil, cilantro or other seasonings of your choice.
Recipe by Regan Baroni at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/zucchini-soup-recipe/