We all have go-to recipes when the work week gets busy, but sometimes it can start to feel repetitive and boring. Mike and I have started experimenting with new side dishes. It’s an attempt to make our week night dinners feel fresh again without reinventing the wheel and we started with these Honey Roasted Carrots.
I found a similar recipe in Food & Wine magazine, but I simplified it to fit into our busy week night dinner plans. All you need are: carrots, butter, salt, pepper and, of course, honey. It’s simple, yet delicious. The honey really brings out the sweetness in the carrots and the flavors pair really well with most dinners.
HONEY ROASTED CARROTS
- 1-2 bunches of rainbow carrots
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3-4 tablespoons of honey
- Salt & papper
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrub carrots but don’t peel them.
- Lay on a baking sheet and spread the melted butter over the carrots.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Roast carrots in the oven for 10 minutes, or until tender. Use a fork to test the tenderness.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle the carrots with honey.
- Place carrots back into the oven for an additional 5-8 minutes or until caramelized.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
All images © Regan Baroni 2015.