It’s my favorite season… it’s pie season. And, if this Chocolate Mousse Pie with an Oreo Crust doesn’t get your attention, perhaps eleven other pie recipes will.
Instagram Pie Party
My talented friend and fellow food blogger, Nate from TermiNateor Kitchen invited me and several other food blogger friends to his #piesquad party on Instagram this week. I love it when bloggers collaborate and share their recipes under one hashtag (and in one blog post) so you can have a variety of recipes to check out in one spot.
This rich, decadent and, dare I say, sexy Chocolate Mousse Pie with an Oreo Crust is where we’ll begin, and between you and me, it’s suuuuuper easy to make.
Recipe Tip 1: The Oreo Crust
The crust is simple. It’s our childhood favorite, double-stuffed Oreos, blended into crumbs and mixed with melted butter. After pressing the crumbs into a pie pan, you’ll want to let the crust chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before adding the mousse. This helps keep the crust keep its form and prevents it from crumbling apart.
Recipe Tip 2: The Chocolate Mousse
The mousse is a combination of heavy whipping cream, granulated sugar and chocolate chips. Yum, right? You’ll want to mix the whipping cream and sugar together using a stand mixer until they form soft peaks. Then, you’ll gently mix in the melted chocolate chips.
Once everything is mixed together and oh-so-smooth in texture, you’ll pour the mousse into the Oreo crust. Smooth the top with a spatula or the back of a large spoon and then let it chill in the fridge for about 4-6 hours.
I know, I know… it’s a test of patience when a recipe comes together so quickly, but then you have to wait to actually eat it.
Recipe Tip 3: Add Maldon Sea Salt
My favorite part about this recipe is the addition of Maldon sea salt sprinkled on top. The subtle salty-chocolate combination is oh-so-good.
Mike also enjoyed a drizzle of Dulche de Leche caramel sauce on top, but I preferred it with just the sea salt. The caramel was just a bit too sweet for me.
I hope you’ll give the recipe a try and let me know what you think! And, as promised… eleven additional pie recipes are linked for your convenience below.
Cheers to pie!
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE PIE WITH OREO CRUST
- 20 Double Stuffed Oreo cookies, blended into crumbs
- 2-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Dulche de Leche caramel sauce
- Maldon sea salt
- Blend the Oreo’s in a Vitamix or food processor until they are finely ground into crumbs.
- Add the melted butter and blend again until well combined.
- Place the buttered crumbs into a 9-inch pie pan and press evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan.
- Place the Oreo crust in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
- In a medium-sized microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval.
- Using a standing mixer, mix the cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
- Gently add the melted chocolate and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared Oreo crust and spread evenly.
- Place in the fridge for 4-6 hours.
- Cut into slices and sprinkle with Maldon sea salt and drizzle with caramel sauce.
All images ©Regan Baroni 2017.
Extra Pie Recipes: