In preparation for the holidays I’ve been exploring some recipe ideas that are simple to make so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time relaxing with the people you love. This no churn, Dairy Free Pumpkin Ice Cream is only five ingredients and fits right in with the easy recipes I’ve been sharing recently.
Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up
Last week I posted Cranberry Stuffed Game Hens that takes under two hours to put on the table.
I also shared several approachable side recipes including:
Pumpkin Nice Cream
Let’s get back to this ridiculously easy dessert. This “nice cream” is dairy-free by using full fat coconut milk, which ensures that it has a delicious creamy texture, without actually using cream. The remaining ingredients are pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
I recommend sprinkling the individual servings with graham cracker crumbs to top it off. It adds to the sweetness without being too rich. Although this recipes fits in with the Thanksgiving holiday, I can see it being a year round treat.
DAIRY-FREE PUMPKIN ICE CREAM
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree or pumpkin pie filling
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups coconut milk (full fat)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Graham cracker crumbs
- Place all ingredients in a Vitamix or blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour mixture into a freezer-safe container or loaf pan.
- Freeze overnight.
- Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle each serving with graham cracker crumbs, if desired.
Did you make this recipe?
Show me! Tag @reganbaroni on Instagram.
All images ©Regan Baroni 2017.