At the end of a long day, cooking dinner can sometimes feel like a chore. This Roasted Chicken with Potatoes, Lemon and Rosemary is one of our go-to recipes during really busy weeks because it requires very little effort and makes enough to last through the week.
The recipe is delicious, because it uses a whole cut up chicken, baby potatoes, rosemary and a delicious lemon sauce. The best part is that you throw all the ingredients into a 9×13 roasting pan into the oven and roast it for about an hour. It makes a lot and the leftovers are incredible.
What are some of your easy recipes for busy weeks?
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH POTATOES, LEMON AND ROSEMARY
- 8-10 pieces of your favorite cut of chicken, skin on (We used a whole cut up chicken)
- 1 pound baby red or new potatoes
- ½ yellow onion cut in large pieces
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced and 1 juiced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary plus sprigs for garnish
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 13in. x 9in. baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken pieces (skin side up), potatoes, sliced onion and lemon slices evenly in pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture all over chicken and potatoes.
- Sprinkle all over generously with additional salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour, or until chicken and potatoes are fully cooked. The chicken should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit in temperature.
Did you make this recipe?
Show me! Tag @reganbaroni on Instagram.
All images © Regan Baroni 2016.