March came and went and here we are… it’s already April. I recently pulled out my Bon Appétit Grilling Issue to get inspired for grilling season. Mike and I grill all year long, but grilling always reminds me of summer. In an attempt to feel even closer to warmer weather, we fired up the grill and decided to make Skirt Steak with Parsley Parmesan Salad.
You can use any cut of steak you’d like, but I love how quickly the skirt steak comes together and it’s usually more affordable than flank steak. For medium rare, grill each side for about 4 minutes over medium-high heat.
Parsley Parmesan Salad
The parsley parmesan salad is unique. The lemon really brightens up the rich flavors of the steak which makes the flavor combination really refreshing.
Here’s to sunnier days ahead!
You should also check out my Flank Steak with Grilled Corn Salsa.
SKIRT STEAK WITH PARSLEY PARMESAN SALAD
- 1.5 pound skirt or flank steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 2 ounces Parmesan, shaved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Rub steak with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Let steak sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat and oil the grill grate.
- Grill steak to desired doneness. For medium-rare, grill 4 minutes per side.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Meanwhile, toss parsley, Parmesan, lemon juice and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and more lemon juice, if desired.
- Serve steak topped with parsley-Parmesan salad.
Did you make this recipe?
Show me! Tag @reganbaroni on Instagram.
All images ©Regan Baroni 2017.