Cooking, styling and shooting recipes for my blog is a very happy place for me. Sometimes the recipes are triggered from nostalgic memories like this Serrano Lime Mignonette from Mike’s and my last night in Ireland. And, sometimes they’re inspired by something new and upcoming, like this smokey-flavored Charred Pineapple Lemonade with Basil by Cooking Light. The flavors of grilled pineapple and lemon over ice with a healthy splash of rum immediately make me think of the beach, which is exactly where Mike and I are heading… for work!
Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
I’m beyond excited to share that Mike and I are leaving for St. Barths on Saturday, where I am going to be cooking and shooting some island-inspired recipes in a breathtaking villa provided by WIMCO Villas. To be able to do what I do from anywhere in the world, makes me feel so incredibly lucky… changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes, right?
WIMCO Villa’s Instagram Takeover
While we’re there, I’m also going to be taking over the WIMCO Villa’s gorgeous Instagram account, sharing stories and images of our stay and capturing all the magic of St. Barths. You should definitely follow along, or check out Mike’s Instagram or my Instagram, if you’d like!
I hope you’ll join us on this adventure!
CHARRED PINEAPPLE LEMONADE
- 6-8 ounces pineapple, sliced
- 3 cups hot water (possibly more, depending on taste)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (4 large lemons)
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Add pineapple slices and cook 5 minutes per side, until char marks appear.
- Add a couple of lemon halves and grill for 3 minutes or until char marks appear.
- Set grilled pineapple and lemon halves aside to cool.
- Combine 3 cups hot water and sugar in a pitcher. Stir to combine until sugar is dissolved. The original recipe calls for 4 cups of hot water, however I thought it diluted the flavors a bit and found 3 cups to be plenty.
- Blend pineapple, fresh lemon juice and grilled lemon juice in a Vitamix or blender until smooth.
- Pour pineapple mixture through a mesh strainer into the pitcher with sugar mixture.
- Discard any solids.
- Stir well until fully blended and serve over ice with fresh basil leaves.
- Add a splash of rum or tequila, if desired.
All images ©Regan Baroni 2017.