Happy Memorial Day weekend! What are you doing? I am going to relax and keep it simple in the kitchen with this Fresh Strawberry Salsa.
Easy and Versatile
This recipe comes together really easily and the flavors are refreshing with a nice kick from the addition of a jalapeño. The flavors would pair beautifully with a variety of foods like fish, chicken, tacos, chips or just grab a spoon… yes, it’s that good completely on its own. It tastes like summer.
The colorful bowls I used for this shoot are from Anthropologie. Buy them here. Whatever you’re doing over the long weekend, I hope that you can detach from business, take time to relax and enjoy some simple, delicious recipes. If you try the salsa, be sure to let me know!
FRESH STRAWBERRY SALSA
- 3 cups of strawberries, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Lime zest from 1 lime
- Lime juice from 2 limes
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped (sprigs for garnish)
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, mix together strawberries, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and zest. Season with salt.
- Let chill in fridge for 20-30 minutes to let the flavors mix together.
- Serve with tacos, chips or a spoon.
Did you make this recipe?
Show me! Tag @reganbaroni on Instagram.
All images © Regan Baroni 2016.