Labor Day weekend came and went, didn’t it? Now that we have to get back to reality after the long weekend, let’s ease back into the week with a simple, Fresh Pico de Gallo recipe. It’s a great way to use up those extra tomatoes from your garden.
Last week I shared a tasty Roasted Caprese Salad, but the pico de gallo is probably my favorite. It makes a lot and pairs well with a variety of foods including eggs, chicken, fish tacos or your favorite bag of tortilla chips.
Be sure to stick around to see what I’m blending towards the end of this week. It’s another tomato-inspired recipe that adds a twist to a classic cocktail!
FRESH PICO DE GALLO
- 2 cups tomatoes, finely diced and rinsed
- 1 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, de-seeded and diced (can substitute with a jalapeño, if desired)
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 2 limes, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Let chill in fridge for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
- Taste and adjust flavor balance to your liking.
- Store in an air-tight container in fridge for up to one week.
Did you make this recipe?
Show me! Tag @reganbaroni on Instagram.
All images ©Regan Baroni 2017.